I could have sworn there was a custom renderer for...
# gooddata-ui
l
I could have sworn there was a custom renderer for GD insights. Have I lost my mind?
In my head it was something different than the GD plugin option
t
r
Tomas beat me to it šŸ™‚ Besides that, there's also InsightView, that one isn't exactly custom but it is generic, so just in case.
l
I did find that and I don't think it will solve the problem I have, which I should have stated šŸ˜¬ We have a list insight. It has data has counts and a score. Image below (forgive my art skills). That Trend column. I want to add that, with a custom graphic to indicate the trend. We use dashboards almost exclusively. We do not want to move away from dashboards. We are relying on their built-in functionality to deliver consistent experiences. While we could do this with a custom visualization as noted in that link, we wouldn't be able to get that visualization on to a dashboard, to the best of my knowledge. We could try a dashboard plugin but that path has been explored with Professional Services and the conclusion indicated it was not in the cards at this time. I could have sworn while I was looking through all the documentation around dashboard plugins I ran across some information about custom renderer. That would allow you to take in an insight and modify it. However, I cannot seem to locate that information now. Is there a way to do what I've indicated in this image using dashboards?
t
Iā€™m afraid there is not a out of the box support for custom visualizations in the table. Two options that come to my mind: 1. Dashboard plugins as you already mentioned. This would most likely mean you would implement your own table altogether. 2. Metric formatting. Not an exact match, but I would still check the possibilities there.
l
I'll check into this metric formatting. Thank you
šŸ‘ 1
@Tomas Muchka that link doesn't appear to be a link. Do you have a link to the GD documentation covering this?