I'm running into some issues with the Geo PushPin ...
# gooddata-ui
l
I'm running into some issues with the Geo PushPin as an embedded insight. On the GD UI, I can see the component (first image). However, when I use the referential embed, I get an error (second image):
Copy code
THE GEOCHART CONFIGURATION REQUIRES A VALID API ACCESS TOKEN.
The GD docs seemed to imply that I wouldn't need my own mapbox token and that it would be handled for me (third image). Have I done something incorrectly?
The referential code does imply that I would need a token, but that seem in conflict with the documentation for GD Cloud
r
Hi Levi, You're correct about the GD Cloud part 🙂 For GD Cloud, the insight is working off of a Mapbox token provided by GoodData; however, for GD UI embedding uses, a token does need to be provided.
l
Are you saying we need to purchase our own mapbox service to use the GD Geo Pushpin embedded insight?
r
When embedded using referential components / React SDK, yes. It should be possible to embed the Geo Chart via iFrame without requiring you to provide the token though!
l
Fair point. When you go to the
Embed this Insight
from the GD platform, you get the above image of options. There isn't an
iframe
embed option for this specific insight
I see you can embed Dashboards as iframes. Can you embed Insights as iframes?
Dashboard options
r
It would have to be included in either the Dashboard or the Analytical Designer to embed via iframe, unfortunately it can't be done directly as far as I know.
That way, the GD mapbox token gets passed to the component on load - the limitation is ultimately down to GD having to keep token usage statistics for the mapbox token we provide.
l
Let me double check if I'm understanding this all correctly: 1. Only iframes avoid the requirement of an additional mapbox token. 2. We can only iframe embed dashboards 3. We can't iframe embed individual insights When I say individual insights I mean insights created on this GD page (I think Analytical Designer)
r
Pretty much, it's a very specific limitation unfortunately.
l
👍 I just need to make sure I understand the limitation when I go back to the business with a request for additional services (mapbox)
r
Got it, let me know if you have any more questions, I'll be happy to help 🙂
l
I have another question posted right below this regarding the catalog export that is causing me some trouble. If you know anything about that issue I'd love some explanation on what I've done incorrectly
👀 1