Is there anyone that can point me in the direction...
# gooddata-ui
t
Is there anyone that can point me in the direction of good a11y docs, namely for keyboard usage with embed react components using the good data ui sdk?
m
Hi Tyler, this kind of information is not part of the UI SDK documentation, but someone else may chime in with different input. Is there a particular feature you are interested in?
t
namely keyboard navigation and voiceover for web
m
@Tyler Goelz Hello, currently we do not support a11y in UI SDK React components. 😞
t
@Matyáš Kandl thanks for your response. Is there any mention of it on an upcoming roadmap? That might be a deal breaker for our needs.
t
Hello @Tyler Goelz, would it be possible to share more details about this topic here, via a private message, or with a sales representative? Although I cannot guarantee to push it to the roadmap, your feedback would help us to better understand your needs and prioritise the topic.
a
Hi @Tomas Muchka, as for accessibility @Tyler Goelz already mentioned it. For example, if I am on Dashboard and I am using only keyboard I was not able to select filter or export the whole dash or individual charts. Maybe we are missing some configuration when creating Dashboard or Insights and can somehow enable this 🤔
t
Thank you for your response @Alexey Barkovsky, Is the keyboard navigation the only accessibility topic you are currently interested in? Would you be share with us why is it an important topic for you? I’m open to solve this via PM if it should not be shared in public.
a
Hi @Tomas Muchka , the other a11y issue is that screen reader doesn't read these export data buttons. I guess they are just not focusable as they are not actual buttons and also they appear on the screen only when user hovers with mouse over a chart. As for importance it's one of our goal - to be accessible. We spend a lot of time trying to make our apps as much accessible as possible. So now we are investigating several platforms for analytics and gooddata is one of them. The other is domo. They also have some issues with accessible filtering, though export functionality is accessible via keyboard. So we're trying to weight all pros and cons for both platforms as we like gooddata UI a lot
t
I see, thank you. Eventually do you aim for some sort of formalised accessibility standard like WCAG?
t
Yes, our base line for our applications, and the dependencies used, is to align with WCAG AA Criteria. Our goal is to meet WCAG AAA Criteria (namely contrast ratios) Primarily the standards around voice over, keyboard accessibility (non mouse/trackpad users), and other accessibility standards like color contrast, logically ordered headings, etc.. See https://ialabs.ie/what-is-the-difference-between-wcag-a-aa-and-aaa/
It’s built into our company’s philosophy and our user base expects it, in some cases legally. So it’s a must have for us (Note: Alexey and I are with the same company)
👍 1
t
Thank you for your responses. It helps us better prioritise such broad topics as accessibility.
p
🎉 New note created.