is the new gooddata ui sdk 8.12 compatible with Go...
# gooddata-ui
s
is the new gooddata ui sdk 8.12 compatible with Gooddata CN 2.2 ? When loading the new dashboard component - I see the layout show up but no data. In the console I get this warning message - Tiger backend does not support the 'loadUserData' option of getDashboardWithReferences. Ignoring.
m
Hello @Sheldon Nathan 8.12 is still alpha and not released yet. It won't be compatible with 2.2.
s
@Matyáš Kandl What version of CN is it planned to work with? I am trying to test some of the new features. I understand it is still alpha.
m
It will be compatible with GoodData CN 2.3, which should be released in March. May I ask what features you are interested in?
s
I am looking for the create/edit capabilities of the dashboard component - to be able to edit existing dashboards and create new dashboards using insights created in the embedded AD
@Martin Burian this is going to be a problem
Also @Martin Burian mentioned there would be a new UI SDK version being released on Jan 23, is that something else?
No responses?!!!
j
Hey @Sheldon Nathan, apologies - I was busy building stuff. No worries, you will still be able to create/edit dashboards. We're constantly updating the SDK to provide stellar experience. Creating custom themed dashboards is what we do 100%, and our mantra is "embedded analytics in a modern data stack". So no worries, I am 100% confident you'll be able to build what you need without any issues! 💯 If you'd like to try out our newly released SaaS, register at gooddata.com -> start a free trial. I'd be more than happy to prolong your trial if needed, but have a look and play with that there to generate dashboards, which you can later embed straight into your application. LMK if I can help further! Also have a great Friday and shoot me a message anytime 📫
s
Hi @Jaroslav Zapadlo We are already a customer running our own GoodData CN instance for close to a year in production now. We recently upgraded to v2.2. The communication we received was that the new version of GoodData UI SDK (v8.12) would allow us to create/edit dashboards in the Dashboard Component and that it would be compatible with GoodData CN v2.2.
So what I need is confirmation that my understanding is accurate. and that I can get the new version of the UI SDK on Jan 23. Also, I needed some assistance with getting the pre-release builds working with my dev version of GoodData CN 2.2
j
Gotcha! let me raise this internally with our partnerships team and I'll be back! Can you DM me your e-mail so I can let you know on the updates?
s
Okay.
m
SDK 8.12 is unfortunately really not compatible with GD.CN 2.2. The SDK 8.12 will be released 23.2. with the new version of GoodData Cloud (SaaS). The GoodData.CN 2.3 compatible with SDK 8.12 is planned to be released 9.3. I am sorry, but you will have to wait for the early March for the new version of GoodData.CN to have the edit feature in the dashboard component.