Need Help, my data source is redshift views and I ...
# gd-beginners
w
Need Help, my data source is redshift views and I made some changes in view definitions. But I got this error when I run the load data Bricks. What kind of permissions it requires ?
m
If you are loading data to GoodData, it should be enough to have SELECT permission to the views. If you created new views, I wouod recommend to grant the same privileges as your user (the one used in your redshift data source in GoodData) had to the previous ones.
i
Hi Waseem, I’d actually suggest to grant both permissions listed below, if possible:
Copy code
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA {schema_name} TO {user_name};
GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA {schema_name} TO {user_name};
w
@Ivana Gasparekova where can i give this permission ?
GRANT USAGE ON SCHEMA {schema_name} TO {user_name}; GRANT SELECT ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA {schema_name} TO {user_name}; I query on redshift this with my username which I choosed when setting up data source and my Schemas but still getting this error.
@Ivana Gasparekova
any hope ?
i
Sorry to hear so. Could you try to alter the default permissions as navigated here: https://repost.aws/knowledge-center/redshift-grant-permissions-new-objects
w
I did but not worked. @Ivana Gasparekova
i
Could you share with me the RequestID or the ErrorID from your LOG, please? Feel free to use the DM if you do not want to share such information publicly.
w
Thank you so much for your help for the yesterday Actually there were some views created by previous devs using their usernames. so new views created under my username and gooddata was configured by the previous devs usernames. I figured out the user later , grant the access and it start working
🙌 1
Resolved . Thanks @Ivana Gasparekova