Hi, I am trying to embed the dashboard in EditorX,...
# gd-beginners
n
Hi, I am trying to embed the dashboard in EditorX, as I do so, the dashboard embedded is allowing the users to edit the dashboard as well, How can I restrict this from happening?
f
Hi Nikita, you would have to configure this on the User Permissions side to limit access to the Edit button. The embedded iFrame will always show it if the authenticated user has the rights to edit the dashboard. So you’d have to give the users who will use the embedded dashboard the VIEW permission.
n
Hi Francisco, What if we want to display the dashboard on a website for public view? Right now I can see the user limit as 10. I am using GoodData Cloud Free Trial Version.
f
I’d recommend taking a look at the option to Authenticate With Injected API Token for this use-case. You can use the JWT-injection directly on the website/application where the Dashboard is embedded. But the JWT still needs to authenticate a user in the Org (in this case a Shared user that will be accessed by the public to look at the dashboard). That’s where the user permissions come in - we make sure that this user(s) doesn’t have Edit access.
Another work-aroundy way to handle this would be to decrease the width of the embedded iframe to less than 1170px of horizontal space. Due to a limitation in the dashboard’s design, this will make the Edit button disappear. Of course, it would still be highly recommended to set up the user permissions for the dashboard anyway, for security’s sake.
n
Alright Francisco, we will try to implement your recommendations.
Hi Francisco, would it be possible to have an example on how to make the Dashboard available for public view on a website?
f
Hi Nikita, I’m afraid that the only resource we have describing iFrame embedding is the article I already shared with you, Embed Visualizations Using Iframes. We do have a Component Library with several embedded examples, but those were developed using the GD.UI SDK, which is a different beast altogether, but it might come in handy
n
Okay, thank you Francisco.