Hello, I just signed up for the trial with GoodDa...
# gd-beginners
l
Hello, I just signed up for the trial with GoodData, and I am wandering if it is possible to use IoT devices as a data source to run analytical queries. In particular, I am curious whether it is possible to send data to GoodData via the MQTT protocol.
j
Hello Lucas, This is not something that is currently directly supported. You can find the supported databases mentioned here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/connect-data/ Could you please confirm your full use case and how vital this type of protocol is for you to use our product?
l
I want to create an online platform that provides visualization dashboards from different data sources. One of those data sources would be live recordings sent from a simulator application via the MQTT protocol. This would be vital for the project as it represents one of the three pillars of the application. The other dashboards would make use of the data from the conventional sources listed in the link.
j
Hi Lucas, After further consultation it doesn’t look like this is possible. You would have gather information from MQTT in a database which GoodData already supports. For long-term storage or analysis, messages often need to be saved to an external database or storage system. This is not handled by MQTT itself but can be implemented in various ways, such as using database plugins for the broker, custom storage solutions written by the users, or integration with other systems that consume the MQTT messages and store them.