I added a new column to my pdm, and now I'm gettin...
# gd-beginners
d
I added a new column to my pdm, and now I'm getting this error: Source detail: "Source column should not be empty for table='PdmTable(path=[mmgooddata, call_events], ldmDatasetId='dataset/call_events/e096a91d0c7f45f086676c52b9d8843c', type=VIEW)'and primary label of the attribute='Attribute(header=Header(space=e096a91d0c7f45f086676c52b9d8843c, id=contact_number, title=, description=, tags=[]), labels=[Label(header=Header(space=e096a91d0c7f45f086676c52b9d8843c, id=contact_number, title=, description=, tags=[]), primary=true, sourceColumn=, type=label, sourceColumnDataType=null)], granularity=null, type=attribute, sourceColumnDataType=null)'." However, the contact_number column does not have any empty entries. I don't know what this error means, and I can't find any documentation on it. But as a result, my entire dashboard is broken.
i
Hi Daniel, By PDM, do you mean your source data, please? May I know if you are working with GD Paltform or GD Cloud? Also, did you update your LDM - Logical Data Model as well?
d
Yeah, source data
Yes, updated the LDM
GD Cloud
i
Thanks a lot. Did you initiate the data reload of related dataset as well?
d
How do you do that?
I did click the little circular arrow that says: Connect to data source and refresh tables and views.
Also, went to the data source and cleared the cache. This didn't help either.
i
Yes, this updates the model itself. Good point about the cache. How do you usually upload your data, please? Via API by chance?
d
I mean, I just update the data in the db, and then click the circular arrow
i
Ok, thanks. Let me check what we can do with the error. Please bear with me for a moment.
👍 1
Just one quick question - may I know what DB are you using, please?
d
<redacted>
i
Oh sorry, I meant - what kind of a DB. Is it a Google BigQuery one, or something else?
d
Postgres, in amazon RDS
i
Thanks again!
In the meanwhile, please check this article. Maybe you can find some hints there as well: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/model-data/evolve-your-model/#alter-the-relational-model-of-the-database
d
Okay, I read through it. It seems to outline the steps I followed.
I didn't find anything in the article, did you find anything on your end?
I think I found the issue. It turns out I didn't correctly connect the newly added fact to the DB field.
Although it is weird it broke all the other metrics though.
i
Were you able to map the newly added fact to your source data, please?