Hello can anyone help me out on this? Ive importe...
# gd-beginners
c
Hello can anyone help me out on this? Ive imported a file and some columns are correctly being labeled as "Facts" but others (same data type) as "Attributes". I also dont have the ability to change it as "fact" is not an available option in the drop down
m
Hi Connor, It seems the columns not identified as facts are not following the correct format. Please make sure to follow the CSV file requirements here: CSV File Requirements And you may also find this helpful: Load CSV Files to a Workspace with the LDM Modeler Facts in Logical Data Models
c
Thanks Moises. Could it be because i have negative values that use a Dash (-)? Rather than putting them in parentheses? For example -100 vs (100)
m
No problem 🙂 The negative symbol is OK, but I see you are using a thousand separator in your data, e.g.: -133,400.00. The correct format is -133400.00. Commas and dots are reserved as decimal separators.
✅ 1
c
one more question, how would i format a data prior to upload if i only want to have the month and year? The link you sent only has proper formats including day month and year?
m
You only need to load the date dataset once, you can then change the date attribute label from the date configuration menu in Analytical Designer. An attribute label (also known as displayForm) provides a different means of representing an attribute. For example, you can have a date as
23-11-2008
(format:
dd-mm-yyyy
),
11/23/2008
(format:
mm/dd/yyyy
), and so on.
c
great thanks