I hope this is the right place to ask. But with go...
# gd-beginners
p
I hope this is the right place to ask. But with gooddata (specifically gooddata-cn) are you able to have a different Logical Data Model per workspace ? It was really hard to find a definitive answer online.
m
Hi Peter. Yes, it is possible. Actually every workspace has its own LDM.
👍 1
In case you have different analytical use cases and you want to keep them in separate workspaces, you will have different LDM in each workspace. In case your use case is to provide analytics in multitenant environment - for different customers, different data, but same model, then the model will be inherited. It is the workspace hierarchy.
Is there anything else we can help you with?
p
different tenants (where each tenant has their own workspace) could potentially have different LDMs and we don’t want to allow 1 tenant to see or discover another tenants LDM (or data sources) From what you described it seems like that is possible with gooddata.
m
Yes, each tenant can have different LDM, but then you need to maintain each LDM separately. Both is possible, it depends on the use case.
j
@Peter Wasden soon we introduce permissions, which allow you to grant access on workspaces / data sources to users / user groups.
p
Oh that will be great
v
Hi there! I read in another thread a message from Martin Svadlenka, that workspace access rights might be introduced in v1.5, is that right? is that in a beta now? do you have an ETA for that? (This is a must for us to roll our product out for clients, hence asking) Thanks
j
cc: @Ondrej Macek @Martin Svadlenka
🤘 1
m
Hi Vajk, we are currently working on it. The version 1.5 has been split and original scope of 1.5. will be delivered as 1.6. in February mext year. Acess rights will be delivered iteratively, first milestone in the mentioned February timeframe.