Hi. We are in the process of evaluating Gooddata C...
# gooddata-cn
d
Hi. We are in the process of evaluating Gooddata CN, and during the process, we have installed different versions of GDCN, like I have both 1.6.0 and 3.2 of the container edition on my PC, and another 3.3.1 version on AWS EKS. In case we did not have a good record which version of GDCN we installed in which environment, how can we find it out, either via UI or API? Thanks in advance for your help.
m
Hello, our General upgrade guide I hope will help you here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/versions/upgrade-guide/#gooddatacn-production-k8s-edition Execute the following statement to upgrade your GoodData.CN Production K8S Edition environment:
Copy code
helm upgrade --namespace gooddata-cn --version n.n.n \
    -f customized-values-gooddata-cn.yaml \
    gooddata-cn gooddata/gooddata-cn
As a reminder of what each value refers to:
Copy code
helm upgrade --namespace <NAMESPACE> --version n.n.n \
    -f customized-values-gooddata-cn.yaml \
    <YOUR_RELEASE_NAME> <HELM_REPOSITORY>/gooddata-cn
where: •
n.n.n
is the version number of your current environment. For example, 1.2.0.
d
Thanks for the response. However, I am not sure the above command will give me the version of the existing installation. As I understand it, the "helm upgrade ..." command above will install a new version "n.n.n" or upgrade the existing one to the new version "n.n.n". Is my understanding not correct? I would like to know the version of my current installation, assuming I lost my records.
m
My apologies, yes, you’re correct - please let me check this further for you
j
There is no UI or API for checking installed version. You’ll need to check docker container or in k8s cluster directly for installed version. • For CN.CE for example you can run
docker inspect <container_id>
and search for
repotTags
• for k8s version you should be able to get the info about installed version by checking specific release e.g. by
helm status <release_name>
d
Hi Jan, For CN.CE,
Copy code
docker inspect gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest
[
    {
        "Id": "sha256:0e5e80d37faf6a85dc1c4be0ec140b46b5418348302be6ea877e2cedc9e8e9e9",
        "RepoTags": [
            "gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest"
        ],
        "RepoDigests": [
            "gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce@sha256:f49104eb91b7b58fe72235258cfaab013f63c255a5e6ef2f339686629ddcd0da"
        ],
I installed it at the beginning of the year, and there have been many updates in docker hub. I could manually or write a program to retrieve all digests and compare with the installed one, but I was expecting some easier way. For k8s,
Copy code
helm status --namespace gooddata-cn gooddata-cn
NAME: gooddata-cn
LAST DEPLOYED: Thu Mar  7 13:35:45 2024
NAMESPACE: gooddata-cn
REVISION: 1
NOTES:
Congratulations, you have just deployed the <http://GoodData.CN|GoodData.CN> to your Kubernetes cluster.

To proceed with the configuration, follow the Administration Guide in documentation and
create your Organization by creating a custom resource in Kubernetes.
So it did not have GDCN version. I would suggest an enhancement for users to easily find this version information. Thanks