Is there a way to get GD to sort by integer for an...
# gooddata-cn
p
Is there a way to get GD to sort by integer for an attribute field? (The column is an int in the physical DB model).
j
Hi Patrick, I’m afraid that numerical sorting of attributes is not possible on GD CN. Currently, your best chance how to make this work would be with UI SDK. However, I will gladly submit a product feedback on your behalf so our product team can consider this for future developments. Can you please confirm how important would similar feature be for you?
p
This is very important to us. We have many cases where the attribute is numeric and we end up having to do some hacky string things to support sorting properly.
👍🏼 1
j
@Patrick Sexton I will double-check internally again if there are any other options how to go about this.
j
I think there was a bug that numeric fields were ordered alphabetically which should be fixed by introduction of Quiver based implementation in GD Cloud. @Jiří Šitina do you know in which GD CN release is this available?
j
yes, it already works fine in GD Cloud, .CN should have it from version 3.0.0 on (with the new Quiver caching)
p
To summarize, you are saying that testing an upgrade to version 3.0.0 should support sorting attributes numerically and not just A->Z?
j
that’s correct