Hi — is there any way to disable <dashboard date f...
# gooddata-cn
j
Hi — is there any way to disable dashboard date filters by default in a workspace, particularly if the workspace’s LDM does not have any Date attributes at all? While we are able to disable them individually on each dashboard via the entity API and adding a
dateFilterConfig
object to
data.attributes.content
, as (somewhat?) suggested in this Community page, we’d like to configure an entire workspace so that all new dashboards in that workspace will not display a date filter by default. Thanks!
f
Hi Jas, unfortunately it isn’t possible to disable the default date filter on Dashboards for the whole workspace. Good job with the workaround! The resource you posted is intended for GoodData Platform, instead of Cloud/CN, but it’s good to hear that it also worked for you! If I may ask, how did you add the object to the attribute? Via the APIs? Now, regarding the option to disable the default data filter for a workspace, I’d be happy to mark this down as a Product Feedback for you, if you’d like me to. Let me know!
j
I see, thanks — yes, it would be great to have this as product feedback, as well as simply some way to disable/enable the date filer via the UI itself. For our use case, being able to do this without using the API would be massively helpful, thanks! And yes, we’re able to just GET the dashboard in JSON format, add the
dateFilterConfig
as described to
data.attributes.content
, and PUT/PATCH it back to the same endpoint.
p
🎉 New note created.
f
Thank you for the explanation. I marked this as a Product Feedback for you 🙂