Question about user data filters on a workspace. D...
# gooddata-cn
p
Question about user data filters on a workspace. Do user data filters get applied when querying and displaying the options in the Analyze view Filter dropdown? For example I have a user filter that should restrict what rows that user can see (something like
attribute/client = "private"
, but when in the Analyze tab the filter drop downs are displaying all the distinct values in the DB. FWIW, the rows/columns seem to be respecting the user data filter though.
f
Hi Patrick, which version of GoodData CN are you using for this? I ran some tests on my end, using GoodData Cloud, which is the more or less the same as the latest versions of CN, applying an UDF with this expression:
"maql": "{label/customer_country}=\"Canada\"",
, and the user to whom it applies cannot see any other options on filters or insights (see my screenshot). Have you made sure to select the same label/attribute that you filtered via the user data filter?
p
It does work as expected in that example. Though in your example if the table is something like
Copy code
Country
Language
Copy code
Canada - Engligh
Mexico - Spanish
France - French
If you add a filter drop down for Language, would you see all distinct languages in the DB? In my experience that is what I'm seeing on my end.
Copy code
English
Spanish
French
f
Aha! Yes, in this case you would still see all the distinct languages in the DB; That’s because, even though Canada only has
English
, the
Language
attribute is not being filtered; Thus, it isn’t limited in the drop-down. In practice, although the user will be able to select these values (and see what they are), nothing will show up in the actual insight*. The only solution to that, presently, would be to also apply a User Data Filter to the second attribute,
Language
p
Thank you for confirming what I was seeing! Glad to know I did indeed configure it correctly.