Has the LDM modeler changed recently? When I creat...
# gooddata-cn
s
Has the LDM modeler changed recently? When I create a LDM after connecting to a Snowflake schema I don't see the "Scan Now" or "Scan Data Source" options. How do we link the entities with a pk-fk relationship without having to do it manually ?
m
Hi Sagar, I am not aware of any changes introduced to the modeler recently. You should be able to follow the steps in our documentation to create your data model: Create a Logical Data Model | GoodData Cloud Native. Could you double check your Snowflake user rights as explained here: Create a Snowflake Data Source | GoodData Cloud Native?
s
Moises, Thanks for your response. I have followed the above steps but not able to see the 'Scan' option. I have attached a screenshot of when we could scan the source to generate the LDM based on the primary and foreign keys in the views based on the attribute names. I am not seeing that 'Scan' option now.
Moises, Can you pls. let us know on the above. Currently we are manually linking the tables but would like the LDM to be generated based on the field names like pk__fieldname or fk___tablename__fieldname_
m
Have you tried clicking the icon next to the database name as highlighted in the screenshot below? That’s right, the scan button is no longer available, but I was able to list the tables in my database after refreshing the connection. Could you try creating a new table and check if you cannot see it as well? If you can see the new tables, then you would need to check your user permissions on the tables you cannot list. If you are still having issues, please send us the logs from Snowflake, or check if you can get the error details from the developer console.
s
Moises, thanks for your response. I can refresh the table list. I can see all the tables needed for the model but how can I get the LDM to recognize the primary and the foreign keys without the scan option. I did name the fields using the convention pk__fieldname and fk__tablename__fieldname but without the 'Generate Logical Data Model' how can I create the model without having to drag and drop the keys into the child tables. The issue is not that I cannot see the tables that I need, I can see all the tables. The issue is that there is no Scan or Generate Logical Data Model. How can I get the LDM generated automatically like we could do before. Thanks for you help.
Moises, Pls. let me know on the above when you get a chance. Thanks.
m
Hi Sagar, please check your DM’s. I’ve reached out to you to gather more details. Thanks.