What might be the implications of running gooddata...
# gooddata-cn
v
What might be the implications of running gooddata-cn with pulsar 3.0.0 helm?
Pulsar 2.9.x helm seems to be having issues...especially with kube 1.25
i
Hi Vincil, We suggest to use version
apachepulsar/pulsar:2.9.3
as stated also here. May I know what kind of issues are you speaking about, please?
v
Copy code
kubectl apply -k ./dev/pulsar && \
        helm upgrade --install --namespace pulsar --version 2.9.2 \
    -f ./dev/pulsar/customized-values-pulsar.yaml \
    pulsar apache/pulsar
namespace/pulsar created
Release "pulsar" does not exist. Installing it now.
Error: unable to build kubernetes objects from release manifest: [resource mapping not found for name: "pulsar-bookie" namespace: "pulsar" from "": no matches for kind "PodDisruptionBudget" in version "policy/v1beta1"
ensure CRDs are installed first, resource mapping not found for name: "pulsar-broker" namespace: "pulsar" from "": no matches for kind "PodDisruptionBudget" in version "policy/v1beta1"
ensure CRDs are installed first, resource mapping not found for name: "pulsar-zookeeper" namespace: "pulsar" from "": no matches for kind "PodDisruptionBudget" in version "policy/v1beta1"
ensure CRDs are installed first]
Copy code
โžœ  overlays git:(develop) โœ— kubectl version  
WARNING: This version information is deprecated and will be replaced with the output from kubectl version --short.  Use --output=yaml|json to get the full version.
Client Version: <http://version.Info|version.Info>{Major:"1", Minor:"26", GitVersion:"v1.26.2", GitCommit:"fc04e732bb3e7198d2fa44efa5457c7c6f8c0f5b", GitTreeState:"clean", BuildDate:"2023-02-22T13:32:21Z", GoVersion:"go1.20.1", Compiler:"gc", Platform:"darwin/arm64"}
Kustomize Version: v4.5.7
Server Version: <http://version.Info|version.Info>{Major:"1", Minor:"25+", GitVersion:"v1.25.8-eks-ec5523e", GitCommit:"83fe90de881ffe7450876d204ccdc37a0f95bda3", GitTreeState:"clean", BuildDate:"2023-03-20T21:32:06Z", GoVersion:"go1.19.7", Compiler:"gc", Platform:"linux/amd64"}
In Kube 1.24 it was warning that in 1.25 the PodDisruptionBudget would be deprecated
I'll revert the cluster to 1.24 and see if that fixes the issue.
Pulsar helm 3.0.0 deploys, but the GoodData system won't start... am assuming it's not compatible
f
Hi Vincil, thank you for the details. I checked internally, and there isnโ€™t yet official support for Pulsar helm 3.0.0. Our developers are aware of the matter and working on an upgrade path, though. For the moment, our recommendation is to continue to use version 2.9.2, to avoid any issues.
๐Ÿ™ 1