When I rename a logical data model and then go to ...
# gooddata-cn
j
When I rename a logical data model and then go to Analyze tab, I cannot see the new name in the left hand side of the Analyze page. Is there something else that needs to be done in addition?
j
I just tried it. I changed a title of one of attributes in my LDM, clicked on Save button in the top-right corner, and clicked on Analyze tab. I can see the new title in the left (catalog) panel.
j
My problem is in the table name exactly. The data set title. I try to change it both in the UI and though the API but cannot see the changes in the Analyze tab.
j
I see! Well, the groups in Analyze tab are generated from tags of datasets. When you create a new dataset and assign a title to it, the same value it set as dataset tag. If you change the dataset title, it is not propagated to the corresponding tag. The only existing workaround is to export LDM, update tags according to dataset titles and put the LDM back. Personally I would do it with our Python SDK, just a few lines of code should do the work. I can help you implement it, if you are interested. Please, anyone from GD, who can do it, register this request to our ProductBoard.
j
Got it thanks. I actually am working with Python SDK. Just that I was renaming only the data_set model’s title. I guess I should go though tags of the data-set but also all the other attributes, facts etc. in order to not break anything?
j
True, you have to update tags of all entities in the renamed dataset. I will extend the SDK with new function providing a proper convenience in this case
👍 2
j
Thanks for that. The Python SDK is actually super nicely done and helpful. Like it a lot.
🙌 1
p
🎉 New note created.