Hi GDCN team, I see 2.2 release doc gdcn native ...
# gooddata-cn
a
Hi GDCN team, I see 2.2 release doc gdcn native support for Google BQ DS support. From 2.1x to 2.2 older injected drivers will continue to work or need to add newly GBQ data source Thanks in advance Regards Ashok
i
Hi Ashok, What version of GD.CN are you using now, please? Could you confirm that your driver for GBQ is 1.2.22 or newer?
a
Running GDCN on 2.1.1
GBQ 1.2.22 released on 2022-02-07
i
Thank you, let me double-check quickly if there’s any action needed from your end.
🙌🏻 1
a
Hi @Ivana Gasparekova Any further update on this please let me know
i
Hey @Ashok, Sorry for the long delay in my responses. I didn’t forget about you, I am still waiting for the response from our internal GD.CN team.
👍 1
Thank you again for bearing with me, really appreciated! Here’s what I found our. With GD.CN 2.2 we have dropped support to access BigQuery by externally loaded JDBC driver(s). Instead, the GD.CN 2.2, and later, supports access to GBQ out of the box. It is no longer needed to inject external driver from GBQ. Transition from GD.CN 2.1 with JDBC GBQ datasources to GD.CN 2.2 requires redefining of datasource definition. Guidance steps can be found in this article. Please let me know if there’s anything unclear.
a
Thanks for the information @Ivana Gasparekova This is my plan: 1. upgrade from 2.1.1 to 2.2 excluding the drivers. 2. open the good data UI; add a new GBQ on the data source (as mentioned in the article). Please let me know if I am missing any steps in order to continue working on all existing workspaces and dashboards in GDCN 2.1.1 version, after upgrading to 2.2.x."
Please advise @Ivana Gasparekova @Robert Moucha
p
Hi @Ashok, I was actually wrong claiming that transition from GD.CN 2.1 to 2.2 requires datasource redefinition. If you have BigQuery datasource defined in GD.CN 2.1, it will be automatically updated to a new datasource format for BigQuery during upgrade. So no change of datasource needed. It is always good idea to execute upgrade on test environment of yours first to verify everything works as expected.
👍 2
a
Thanks @Pavel Cerny I will test on non prod
While upgrading from 2.1.1 to 2.2 should i include or exclude the external GBQ drivers ?
p
I assume, you are connecting only to BigQuery, so you are not using any other datasource type requiring external JDBC driver. If yes, then you can exclude external JDBC drivers while upgrading. Just remove `extraDriversInitContainer`:
Copy code
sqlExecutor:    
  extraDriversInitContainer: <some container with external JDBC drivers>
from your values file. Default behavior of gooddata-cn helm chart is to not load any external JDBC drivers.
👍 1
🙌 2