Hello, I'm using <GD.CN> version 2.2.0. I'm wonde...
# gooddata-cn
a
Hello, I'm using GD.CN version 2.2.0. I'm wondering if there is a way to support word-wrap/ have GD.CN respect newline characters in the database? For context, I've got new line characters in my database but I have found in GD.CN it just removes those and is just a single line.
m
Hi Alex, could you please provide more details and use case? What visualization type does not work for you? Any screenshots would be helpful too. Thanks.
a
Thanks Moises! For example: In my database I've concatenated Line1, newline, Line 2 (i.e. concat( 'Line1',"\n", 'Line2')) When I view it from my database or export I see the newline is respected.
However in tabular format in GD, new line is not respected
m
Ideally, it would be better to remove the non-printable characters as there generally is no support for line breaks in the UI. May we know your use case?
a
Thanks Moises. The client we're working with has a desire to do formatting to text columns, for example in this case they want "Line 2" to be additional information about "Line 1" (ex: "High Growth Fund" is line 1 with "relative to notional exposure" is line 2.)
m
This is currently not supported, but I will go ahead and submit product feedback on your behalf to bring this to our developer’s attention
p
🎉 New note created.
a
Thanks Moises!