Hi all, Struggling to connect to Redshift having ...
# gd-beginners
p
Hi all, Struggling to connect to Redshift having followed the steps here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/connect-data/create-data-sources/redshift/ Is it recommended to use a specific cluster or is serverless okay? I'm putting in the right endpoint, alongside the right user and pass though it does not seem to want to connect.
m
Hi Paiwand, can you please confirm that you have already performed both of these steps? Follow these steps to connect to Amazon Redshift and create a Amazon Redshift data source: 1. Configure User Access Rights 2. Create a Amazon Redshift Data Source Could you please also try and verify your access directly in Redshift using the credentials and datasource you’re using as your GoodData datasource?
p
Hi, I verified that it can connect otherwise. I actually had to make the data source via the GoodData API because the UI wasn't allowing the input of schema and coming up with a schema not found error.
🙌 1
i
Hey Paiwand,, That is bit strange, I am sorry for the inconveniences. But we are glad that you were able to find a workaround on your own and connected via API!
p
Should there be a schema input on the UI when connecting to Redshift as a data source? Or only a database?
i
Yes, the schema should be visible as well. May I know how did you specify it while adding your data source, please?