Hi all, We would like to declare a M:N relationshi...
# gooddata-cloud
a
Hi all, We would like to declare a M:N relationship in our LDM. We use the Auto mapping with the naming convention. How can we have the
multivalue: true
in the LDM to be detected automatically ?
screenshot_2024-05-08_at_11.02.03___am.png
j
Hello Alexandre, how exactly are you building your LDM? Is this through the UI or through API?
a
Hi joseph, We use the api. We first scan the db using the endpoint getPDM, then we generate the LDM from the PDM.
l
And we rely on the naming conventions for the LDM to detect the relationships between our datasets, based on this doc https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/model-data/prepare-your-data/#PrepareYourData-RecommendedNamingConventions But we can't find a way to have M:N relationships auto detected
Our backup plan is to update the LDM afterwards using the API, but would be great if naming conventions could save us from this work 😄
a
@Joseph Heun any idea ? 🙏
j
Hi Alexandre, I'm going to have to discuss this internally to see what is possible for this scenario. We will follow up as soon as possible.
🙏 2
a
Thank you
j
Hi Alexandre, I'm terribly sorry for the delay in this. Unfortunately, we are unable to currently support this feature at this time. However, I have raised this with our product team and they are looking to implement this in the near future.
l
Thanks for the investigation! FYI we finally implemented our own naming convention
rm__
to flag a reference as
mutlivalue
j
Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you know that this has now been updated to include the prefixes “mr” and “grmr”
🙏 1
❤️ 1