Can we copy one or more data source configuration(...
# gooddata-cloud
p
Can we copy one or more data source configuration(s) from one GoodData host to another? We are building a test environment, and it would be easiest to copy the prod data sources to our new test environment instead of manually recreating them.
i
Hi Patrick, I believe this should be doable via Data Source APIs.
p
Perhaps you can provide an example? For example, we have data source in one host, and want to pull down the saved configuration and then upload it to another host. Can you briefly illustrate the steps more specifically? I do not see a way to get the creds out of the source host.
i
I am afraid that passwords for the data-source users - if this is what you are after - are never returned back due to security reasons.
p
Thank you for confirming
@Ivana Gasparekova ps. Does the LDM depend on anything other than the data source id? If we manually create new connections, do the source ids (or other metadata have to match) or are we free to use a different id? In other words, using different ids for test and prod if we update them between environments, will not break anything, right?
i
Hey @Patrick Bierkortte, Are we speaking about some manual changes here, please? If you map them properly to the matching columns in your data source, it should be all fine. Could you maybe share some example with me, please?
p
Alright, I think I have my answer. Thank you.