Are there any UX features to clone/duplicate works...
# gooddata-cloud
m
Are there any UX features to clone/duplicate workspaces? If not, is this a roadmap item?
i.e if I wanted to carry over the LDM and the metrics / dashboards created and duplicate it to another workspace - is the only function to do this via API?
I tried downloading the JSON file and uploading to a new workspace but the insights, metrics and pre-created dashboards didn't carry over
m
Hello Max, workspace cloning can currently be performed via the API as explained here: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/create-workspaces/declarative-interface/#WorkspaceDeclarativeAPIInterface-CloneaWorkspace.
Doing this via the UI is not possible at the moment, but I can gladly pass the feedback to our developers, could you let us know how critical this is for you or your business use case?
t
Hi Max, you can also use GoodData for VS Code to clone a LDM, metrics, insights, and dashboards. In my opinion, the usage of this tool is more user friendly than dealing with the raw APIs.
m
Thanks team, super helpful. I will pass on to our dev team, however, to answer Moises question - it would be high on the list for us to simply click the 3 dots of a workspace and just duplicate an entire workspace and the metrics, insights and dashboards.
👍 1
✔️ 1
p
🎉 New note created.
m
Thanks for the additional details, @Max Donsky. I have shared them internally as product feedback 🙌