Can GD support user tracking software like FullSto...
# gooddata-cloud
s
Can GD support user tracking software like FullStory or MS Clarity?
m
Hi Scott, I found a previous thread which covers this topic, where my colleague was able to provide some insight and help with this - Let me share the details with you: https://gooddataconnect.slack.com/archives/C04S1MSLEAW/p1705006761617039 It’s currently not possible to connect these systems directly with GoodData - as far as I know these system do not expose data store for analytics to access. However it is not difficult to ingest the data to data warehouse and use analytics on top of it. In our case we are working with Zendesk and Amplitude. We use Snowflake as data warehouse (but can be quite easily switched to other DWH). In case of Zendesk we use Meltano as extract tool from API (initial load may need bit more time due to ZD API limitations), ingest the data into DWH and use it within GoodData analytics (combined with other data like SFDC) - the setup is very similar to our SFDC demo. In case of Amplitude - the tool offers native data export to Snowflake (and other destinations) so we use it and again use the data for analytics (and again combined with other sources). Let me know in case you’d want more details.
s
I saw that one @Michael Ullock. I'm wondering about using tracking software in the GD iframe we have on our page. We're adding MS Clarity (which is similar to FullStory that is more commonly known) to our site where we've embedded GD reporting. I'd like to track their usage of the GD elements.
m
You can Track Dashboard Usage with an External Tracking Tool (for example, Google Analytics) if you have your dashboard embedded within your own application. The events for google analytics would be collected from clicking on the custom navigation buttons that would be part of your app as opposed to getting the events from GoodData dashboards directly.