Hello! We have noticed a problem with our parent /...
# gooddata-cloud
r
Hello! We have noticed a problem with our parent / child account sync (saved insights in child accounts disappear the day after they are created). We wanted to check if you have made any recent changes to the APIs that may have interfered with our sync. Thanks in advance!
Do you have an API CHANGELOG as well?
j
HI Raffaella, You can follow the release notes of our product here. This will give you all provided updates. However, we have not changed anything recently in our API, and the latest release introduced some changes on Jan 25. Furthermore, we do not have an api changelog, but the release notes will keep you posted with any changes in the product.
🙌 1
r
Thank you, Joseph!
Do you have any pointers to troubleshoot what happenedwith regards of insights disappearing?
j
Are you making any changes to the parent workspace or using any third party tools to interact with objects between parent/child workspaces?
r
No, we haven't made changes to the parent workspace in this period of time
j
Could you provide more insight in to how you push these insights across workspaces? Essentially, from our end we would need to investigate all changes to the parent workspace, or if there is a deletion being called to remove them directly from the child workspace. However, you had previously stated that you do use third party tools to push changes to other environments, and I’m wondering if there is something triggering it from another tool.
m
a few ideas for what might be causing objects in the child workspace to disappear: • change in the LDM (either parent or child) which would remove some objects used by these insights • some tool updating the child workspace in the meantime (i.e. restore from backup which did not have the insights, call via declarative API, Analytics as a Code tooling publishing older local version)
r
Thanks both for the suggestions, I've shared this with our engineer who is investigating!