Hey. I'm getting the same thing as Josh above. It ...
# gooddata-cloud
f
Hey. I'm getting the same thing as Josh above. It was happening rarely previously (right after cache reload - which happens on a timer every hour for us), but now it seems persistent. I tried manually reloading cache and its the same. Sample trace id for investigation:
949526ab77957e8d371925d317b4e5f5
đź‘€ 1
Today I changed the view that these filters come from in BQ - it added some new fields, but GD doesn't present these fields, they're just in the view, but not here.
f
Thanks for the added details! The errors on our end are not very descriptive right now, so that’s quite helpful. I understand you have already reloaded the cache, but it didn’t help. Have you checked the state of the LDM after the changes? Is it possible that these filters have broken down because they changed Datasets after the changes you’ve made to the Source Data? Would you kindly take a look at these reports on the Analytical Designer and check if you can locate the filters/attributes from there?
f
The filters that loaded are from small tables. The ones not loading are from the main data table (5.88 million rows) - I left them in the main fact table because some were denormalized, and some were never normalized to begin with. Is this what's causing the issue?
f
Regarding the normalization, it should only affect Performance, and should not cause the filters to fail when loading. Where those moved to this big table, or were they there originally? I cannot say more without having a look at the LDM, but I would strongly suggest reviewing if and how those changes affected your LDM and look into possibly rebuilding those dashboards/re-adding the filters, if they moved locations.
f
The change was to a single table. The change was done in BQ - all the existing fields remained the same. 2 new fields were added to the table in BQ (but not in GD - cause they were not there in the first place). The table also got much bigger and now takes much more time to load (about 2mins)
Ah wait there was 1 more change - I changed all the date fields in this table to be of DATETIME format. They were previously either DATE or TIMESTAMP format. https://gooddataconnect.slack.com/archives/C04S1MSLEAW/p1701270586470529
f
Sorry if this is a step you’ve already done, but can you confirm if you followed the guidelines from the article Evolve your Logical Data Model when making the changes to the view? i.e., refreshing the Source Data and re-adding the tables that were changed so that the new values are represented in GD Cloud?
f
I'm not sure what you mean - as I changed just the view in BQ that GD pulls. If I delete the table and add it back - won't that reset my object IDs and break all the insights? It will also delete all the relationships with other tables
So it seems that going into LMD edit mode, adding a table that shouldn't be there, immediately deleting it and clicking - kind of did the trick. It still only works 50% of the time.
f
Hi Filip, I’ll send you a PM about this one!