Hi ! Is there a limit in the number of columns a c...
# gooddata-cloud
l
Hi ! Is there a limit in the number of columns a column chart can handle ? We're displaying data viewed by date and we noticed the last days don't appear in our graph (even though we filter from oldest to newest). However, when I filter on the current month only, the last days do appear. Can you help me understand why ? Thanks
t
Hi @Laura Piraux, in general the platform can handle much larger number of columns than in your example. See the attached screenshot. To be sure, you can switch to a table and observe if the issue is connected to the visualization type. Can you please check if you filter by the same date dimension as you use in the view by? Check the second attachment where I use the date dimension called Customer created date in both view by and metric filter. From your image it seems that you are using two different date dimensions - Date and Date - date. It is just a guess but I haven’t observed anything else that would be wrong with your chart.
To express myself clearly - I would check if these two places use the same date dimension.
l
Hi Thomas, I tried to visualize the data with the Table visualization and I have the same issue (the last days don't appear). So you're right, it's not related to the visualization type. Regarding the filter, actually I only have a problem when I do not use any filter (when I filter on the data of this month, the last days of data do appear as expected). Moreover, I only have one field of type date in my data model. Any other suggestions ? thanks
m
Hi @Laura Piraux this could be caused by not refreshed cache -> in datasources, that shoul be button for it.
t
Hi Laura, Michal has a valid point this behaviour could be caused by caching. Please try to clear the cache manually as Michal suggested.
l
Yes, thank you both. It worked. I'm curious, when should I manually refresh the cache ? And often is it done automatically ? It's not the first issue of that type we encounter and that is solved by clearing the cache. Any advice ? Thanks
t
Let me forward this question to the related dev team and product manager. I have to admit I don’t have these details at my hand 🙂.
🙏 1
j
I think this is covered by following documentation article: https://www.gooddata.com/docs/cloud/connect-data/cache-management/reload-cached-data/ with code samples for automation.
l
Thanks !