Issue with exporting functionality in embedded ver...
# gooddata-cloud
m
Issue with exporting functionality in embedded version 🧡
βœ… 1
i
Hi Menelaos, Are you referring to some of the previous threads or is this a new issue, please? Could you share more details with us?
m
I have embedded a dashboard in my web app and have given export permission to my user. When I try to export the embedded insight, whichever button I click, I get the following message, implying that it's a authentication issue
Copy code
{
  "detail": "The requested endpoint does not exist or you do not have permission to access it.",
  "status": 404,
  "title": "Not Found",
  "traceId": "81a15b7913c74d88"
}
What is wrong? @Ivana Gasparekova sorry about that, was just writing the details 😁
πŸ‘ 1
i
Sure things πŸ™‚ I’ve checked the LOG and for some reason, it seems like requested export does’t exist. It is calling non-existing exportId. Does it affect all embedded Insights the same way, please?
m
Yes, this is the case for all the exports on the dashboard, all formats too. I've spawned a couple of more logs.
Copy code
{
  "detail": "The requested endpoint does not exist or you do not have permission to access it.",
  "traceId": "f99c3bfe8654ea6c"
}
i
Thanks for that, I will double-check it internally.
m
Hey, do we have any updates on this?
Hey @Ivana Gasparekova, getting back to this, do you have any updates on the above? Thank you in advance!
m
Hey @Menelaos Kotoglou, I am checking what might be the cause. I will get back to you as soon as I have an update. Thank you!
πŸ™Œ 1
m
Thank you @Marek Horvat πŸ™Œ
m
@Menelaos Kotoglou You are most welcome. Apologies for the delay. Could I ask about your CORS settings? Have you allowed origin: https://crewmanager-demo.tryfair.net in Cloud? (Relevant docs here.)
m
Hello @Marek Horvat, thank you for your response. Yes, we've already included, and we successfully show the dashboard in our web app, running on this domain.
πŸ™Œ 1
m
Thank you for the quick response. I will discuss this internally and let you know soon.
m
Thank you very much. Out of curiosity since it's somehow critical for our business. Do you think we'll be able to resolve by Friday?
m
Understood. I intend so - I raised this to our engineering team to resolve this as soon as possible.
m
Thanks a ton!
m
No worries! I spoke with our engineers and they pointed out that the export was successful a tiny fraction second with a different user. The
trace_id
you mentioned points to a failed export with a user that does not have privileges to export the insights. Is this something you could please check on your end? Thank you!
m
Well, the case is that the user I tried with now has only
VIEW
option. I restricted the usage because it caused frustration to the users to have the export buttons there but not being able to export. I just changed it back to
EXPORT
now, the issue still persists. I also attach the trace_id from the export attempt I just did @Marek Horvat
Copy code
{
  "traceId": "29c8a14108c8dd32"
}
πŸ‘€ 1
Hey @Marek Horvat, any updates on this?
r
Hi there Menelaos, we're checking this with our engineers - in the logs, I'm seeing the same thing as previously, a split second difference between a successful export and a failed one. While the engineers go over this, is there any chance you could elaborate on your setup? Is this a new embedding? πŸ™‚
m
Hey @Radek Novacek, thank you for your response. What would you mean new? It didn't work ever since we set it up. We always used to take that log of failure.
r
Well, relatively speaking "new" - just trying to make sure if the export was previously working, or if it started out with issues.
m
No, it didn't ever work.
r
Have you been following any of our docs while implementing this? In case a reproduction of the issue is needed, might be better to be on the same page πŸ™‚
m
Sure, I used the documentation while creating.
r
Hi Menelaos, is this embedding done via iframe, Web Components or React SDK? If it's via the SDK, updating to the latest version should solve this! πŸ™‚
πŸ™Œ 1
m
Thanks for your reply @Radek Novacek . I’ll test and revert today!
🀞 1
As described here @Radek Novacek, the upgrade causes issues