Are multiple data sources per LDM supported? I am ...
# gooddata-cloud
r
Are multiple data sources per LDM supported? I am trying to use tables from 2 different data sources in the same workspace and cannot create the LDM with both of them due to this error. If I switch back to the Data Source this table comes from it works, of course. But I cannot select multiple data sources.
n
@Ryan Stoughton I don’t work at GoodData but the answer to this was no last time I asked
What I ended up doing with my BigQuery instance was creating a dataset that contained views that pulled in tables from many different datasets
j
Hello Ryan, Indeed, I am afraid that this is currently not possible but let me double-check internally if there are any news regarding the topic.
r
Thank you both for the quick replies
p
🎉 New note created.
t
Hello @Ryan Stoughton, would you be open to provide us more details about what are you trying to achieve? • Do you plan to use multiple data sources in a single computation (let’s say insight or metric)? Or do you want to display data from multiple data sources on the same dashboard, but on separate insights? • Should the data sources represent different DWH/DB technologies? Or is it the same DB, but different schema?
r
I plan to use multiple data sources in a single dashboard, but on separate insights. However, it would also be useful to calculate metrics using data from different data sources. The data sources represent different technologies. In this case, Postgres and Apache Drill.
t
Thank you for the details. Would it be feasible for you to connect the PostgreSQL to Drill and then use Drill as a single connection point to GoodData?
p
🎉 New note created.