We’ve done some PoC work using Tiger Token Auth to...
# gooddata-cloud
k
We’ve done some PoC work using Tiger Token Auth to make a direct embed of a dashboard without that person needing to be a part of our Google Workspace (which is where our authentication comes from). This worked using <script> embeds making use of TigerTokenAuthProvider, and this works well enough in a situation where we run an Angular authentication app around that script embed. What I’m working on now is how we could do a similar embed into another type of app, like Coda or Sharepoint. Both of these platforms make doing iframe embeds the simplest mechanism, but I don’t have a similar way of doing token auth with iframe that has worked. I’ve tried things like adding URL bits like ?token= or ?auth=, these don’t appear to be valid - is there an easy way to pass a tigertokenauth token to iframe embeds?
i
Hi Kevin, Have you considered to manage authentication via Injected API Token, please? May I know who provided to you this PoC? Maybe we can reach out to them directly and get more details about that particular implementation.
b
Hi Kevin, basically the way to pass the API token to the iframe is by using a postmessage as pointed out in our documentation. The initial implementation should be just simple java script. but I am not familiar with sharepoint or coda and if there are some specifics for these.
k
b
Hi Kevin, yes exactly - the
Authenticate With Injected API Token
part