Hello, When exporting or scheduling the dashboards...
# gooddata-platform
h
Hello, When exporting or scheduling the dashboards via email, it is possible to email it to external users. Can we block that, so that the reports only can be send out to employees of the company?
t
Hello @Hans Cornette, you can send the email to external email addresses and this behaviour can be disabled. https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/dashboards-and-insights/dashboards/schedule-automatic-emailing-of-dashboards/
Particularly this should help you:
To disable recipients outside of the workspace, set the
enableKPIDashboardScheduleRecipients
platform setting to
false
. For details, see Configure Various Features via Platform Settings.
Employees of the company means workspace users in this situation.
h
Great thanks Tomas, I will look into it.
@Tomas Muchka A request that our presales see coming is: would it be possible to restrict the ScheduleReceipients to the domain of the customer? Like can I send my exports only to *@acme.com for instance, where Acme is the customer.
t
I don’t believe this is possible unless all the emails will have a workspace account.
h
May I suggest it as an suggestion for the product?
t
Yes, for sure. Sorry for not doing that yet πŸ™‚.
πŸ™Œ 1
p
πŸŽ‰ New note created.
h
@Tomas Muchka I changed the project
enableKPIDashboardScheduleRecipients
setting to false, but now it doesn't allow me to send it to anyone else but myself. There are other users in the workspace, I can see that when I share a dashboard.
t
You are right Hans, the feature flag was wrongly described in the docs. I have asked internally to check if there is other feature flag to do the job, because I thought it is possible to do so.
h
Thanks, because that's the request from our customer.
Hi @Tomas Muchka, any updates on this one?
t
Hello @Hans Cornette, I have checked internally and it seems there description of the feature flag was wrong and we are unable to disable just the external email addresses. Sorry for the troubles.
h
Thanks. Can you make it a feature? The use case is here, that we are able to a governed platform by design?
t
I have already noted your request in the previous conversation. I cannot guarantee it will get prioritised soon, but our product managers are aware of it.
h
Thanks
πŸ™Œ 1