Hello, We are using GoodData Platform in our comp...
# gooddata-platform
k
Hello, We are using GoodData Platform in our company and currently for authentication into the web app that uses GoodData we are using SAML SSO with Okta. Then dashboards are generated using React GoodData SDK UI. At this moment, we have a new need to create a backend service that should be able to extract data via APIs, therefore we need to be able to login preferably using API secret keys. I saw such option for GoodData Cloud, but for GoodData Platform I only found this article - https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/expand-your-gooddata-platform/api-reference/#tag/authentication-settings. So as I understand from this, it's not possible to set up a secret key somewhere on GoodData side and rather it requires a user account to be created and instead of SSO in this case I would use signing in with username and password added in the body that is passed to this endpoint - /gdc/account/login. Would it be correct?
j
Hi Konstantin, That is correct. I can confirm that standard authentication flow (via user & password) would need to be implemented on your backend while connecting to GoodData Platform via API. No other scenario is supported for the use-case you’ve described.
k
Thank you @Julius Kos!
🙌🏼 1
m
Hi, from my experience if the username-password would not work for any reason, it should be also possible to use authentication via PGP. I've seen customer implementations where users were using SAML SSO and a back-end process was using PGP SSO to authenticate. This is especially useful if you need to log-in on behalf of a real user (i.e. to perform an export and make sure all access rights and row-level permissions are kept in effect for the export). The PGP authentication mechanism is gooddata-specific but relies on standard private-public-key and cryptography for which there are libraries in many environments so it should be easy to implement if needed. Here are the details: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/expand-your-gooddata-platform/gooddata-integration-into-your-application/set-up-user-authentication-and-sso/gooddata-pgp-single-sign-on/