Hi, I'm struggling to connect to my snowflake inst...
# gooddata-platform
m
Hi, I'm struggling to connect to my snowflake instance within GoodData. It was working fine last week, no changes have been made to the credentials but keep getting connection failed error
j
Hi Mithul, can you confirm the parameters are set up as advised here: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/how-to-get-started-with-gooddata/load-dat[…]integrate-a-data-source-for-a-data-warehouse?pageId=81961942 If they are, could you please provide a screenshot of your setup, and the exact error you are facing?
m
Hi Joseph, as mentioned the setup was working last week and I have confirmed it several times now. I can login to my snowflake instance with the exact details I am using in GoodData, i have attached screenshot of the error
t
Hello @Mithul Mistry, could you test the connection in Data Source Management app? It could provide additional details.
I mean the place where you fill in connection fields,
m
this is what I get
t
It should mean that there were more than 5 consecutive failed login attempts to the Snowflake. It happened to me when I changed my Snowflake credentials without changing them in GD. The account got locked after few attempts and I needed to wait few minutes. But I understand this is not your case, since you can login using the same credentials into your Snowflake account.
m
any thoughts on what else could be or other areas I should check?
j
Hello @Mithul Mistry, I believe you should get “incorrect credentials” error if there was anything wrong with the credentials. Can you please send us a screenshot of the whole set up from Data Source Management app? (with login details redacted)
m
Screenshot 2022-12-14 at 06.12.02.png
j
Any chance you’re using some sort of password manager in your browser that could’ve mistakenly replaced the password without you being aware of it? That’s happened to me a few times.
m
Thanks guys I've managed to figure it out. Turns out it was a conflict in the network policy on Snowflake
👍 1
p
🎉 New note created.