Hey there, I'm trying to copy dashboards from a wo...
# gooddata-platform
b
Hey there, I'm trying to copy dashboards from a workspace to another (within the same org this time, in Cloud). The only doc I found is about Platform and seems unavailable for Cloud, so I gave it a try through the API, but: • I can't POST to /api/v1/entities/workspaces/{targetID}/analyticalDashboards, because Some of given referenced 'visualizationObjects' entities do not exist • So I GET the visualization objects from the source workspace, but when I try to POST it to the target via /api/v1/entities/workspaces/{targetID}/visualizationObjects it gives another error: Some of given referenced 'attributes' entities do not exist • So I did the same than before but for attributes, but it turns out that /api/v1/entities/workspaces/{targetID}/attributes doesn't accept POST method So, is there a more straightforward way to either migrate or copy (ie: same things, different IDs), best case scenario being the copy, dashboards from a workspace to another ? (if that matters, the target is a child of the source)
j
Use /api/v1/layout/ APIs. They are declarative, when you PUT, everything in the scope is completely replaced with what you PUT. We recommend to use VCS. Anytime you can rollback to any version.
b
Ah, make sense, thanks for the answer!