Hi, I'd like to create an alert when there has bee...
# gooddata-platform
a
Hi, I'd like to create an alert when there has been a change to my KPI. I see when there is already a metric, the alert can be set. (ie. sales is at 1000 and alert is set above 1500). My use-case is that I have no data coming in at the moment, and I want to create an alert when there is data coming in and KPI metric is actually populated. Is there a way to do that when there's a message in the insight that "NO DATA FOR YOUR FILTER SELECTION". I also cannot add to a filter because it has not been observed yet in my dataset. Welcome any suggestions. thanks
m
Hello, thanks for reaching out. The Alerts are created based on a metric which you use in the KPI and are always set in accordance with the current value of the date filter. For example, if the date filter is set to This month, the alert is set to Current month. So you can setup the KPI if you have the objects (Attributes/Facts) in which to create your metric / KPI. From there you can then set up the KPI Alerts even if you do not have the data to populate that KPI at this time. However, you will not be able to create the KPI Alerts if you’re unable to create the KPI which goes on the dashboard. More info on KPI Alerts can be found below, but just let us know if you have any other questions: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86794815
a
ok thanks very much