Hello, I understand that multitenancy is support i...
# gooddata-platform
m
Hello, I understand that multitenancy is support in gooddata with the help of workspace and with the parent child hierarchy. Lets say that i have multiple tenants which have multiple users, which each user might have access to different charts/dashboard. Does the workspace hierarchy support that? Can we have 1 big parent workspace, then multiple tenantas workspaces and then multiple user's workspaces?
j
Hi, Users are provisioned by domains and within those domains you can assign them to workspaces. More information on provisioning can be found here: https://help.gooddata.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=86790440
You can manage workspaces in your domain through master workspaces through Life Cycle Management
j
Maybe I am wrong, but based on workspace hierarchies were mentioned, I guess that @Mircea Nedelcu uses GD.CN, not the hosted platform.
m
Right now i am just investigating gooddata as a plotform and played with the selfhosted demo app. But i guess i will use GD.CN as some point
j
In GD.CN, you could create as many workspaces and many users you wanna support, but it is not a recommended design. You would have to tightly couple user and workspace provisioning. We do not support object-level permissions (e.g. per dashboard) yet, but it is on our radar. Just be careful - in hierarchies all objects from a parent workspace are inherited to the child workspace, you cannot suppress it in any way.
cc: @Andrey Skripnikov @Martin Svadlenka yet another request for dashboard/insight permissions.
p
🎉 New note created.