Hi, general question - what is the best way to rep...
# gooddata-platform
m
Hi, general question - what is the best way to report bugs?
j
Hi Matej, We would need to determine if it is actually a bug or not. You can put your inquiry into the relevant channel here on slack or directly in the community.
m
Ok, I’ll post it here, it is both related to Analyze: 1. one word fact names are not broken into multiple lines, but are cut by the side of the box, does not happen for dataset names - this makes it super difficult to recognize different facts/attributes with long names #bad-ux 2. if you make your own metric in analyze, you cannot choose which axis it should be shown on, it is automatically on the left one.
j
1. This is by design and meant to enforce line consistency. The names in the analytical editor should be chosen in such a way that they are A) concise and B) human-readable. 2. You can switch to “Combo chart” and drag it to the second metric bucket which displays data on the secondary axis and switch back to line chart/column chart. However, I’m checking with product to see if this actually expected or not.
m
1. so why is it enforce for the name, but not the dataset? And if I have multi-word name, it splits it to multiple lines…
t
Hello @Matěj Šesták, I believe @Joseph Heun was pointing to the line consistency in the catalog, while you referred to the tooltip, right? Thank you for pointing this out as it looks like an UI issue for sure.
m
Yes, I was talking about tooltip, should have make it clearer. Thanks for looking into it.
t
No problem at all 👍. We have been able to reproduce the issue on our environments and created a ticket for it.