Hi, I have an LCM question I would like to use th...
# gooddata-platform
p
Hi, I have an LCM question I would like to use the release brick to release my development master workspace from my dev domain to the test and production domains. I am executing the brick using a domain admin email (shared across all domains, albeit with a different password across all domains). Unfortunately when I execute the brick, I get the following error:
Error during k8s execution: 403 Forbidden: Can be accessed only by domain admin request_id: 6272a0afecab9d5a357afa68lj2D7nyA4D3zDNrVpdjrQQG8qlEHxW7I-Slfnca_nEfw:KWoY2TG8RUGEBDGw
How can I solve this issue? Configuration of the brick in thread >>>
Configuration:
Copy code
{
  "gd_encoded_params": {
    "segments": [
      {
        "segment_id": "segment_dso_default",
        "development_pid": "{{development_pid}}",
        "driver": "pg",
        "master_name": "002 Master - DSO (Default) ##{version}"
      }
    ],
    "tokens": {
      "pg": "{{token}}_TEST"
    },
    "technical_users": [
      "<mailto:me@example.com|me@example.com>",
      "<mailto:someone@example.com|someone@example.com>"
    ]
  },
  "data_product": "dataproduct_dso",
  "organization": "company-test"
}
m
Hi Philippe, just to confirm - are you executing the release brick from the domain where you want to release to? For example from TEST or PROD domain? Under the requestID you provided, I can see that it was calling APIs under the user who belongs to the votresucces-dev domain. Please note that users in different domains even if they have the same login (and even password) are still different users. And user from domain A can not access resources in domain B. The proper way to do a release to your TEST domain from your DEV domain is this: • have a development workspace in the DEV domain • have a service workspace with release & rollout brick in the TEST domain ◦ log in with your TEST domain admin ◦ make sure you have proper development_pid but also development_client set in the release brick ▪︎ development_client section serves to provide the release brick (which exists in your TEST domain) the hostname, login and password for your DEV domain ◦ execute the release in your TEST domain ◦ wait for it to finish, optionally check the newly created master ◦ execute the rollout brick in your TEST domain
p
Ah OK! I did not understand that I had to "pull" from dev to test, not "push" from dev to test
👍 1
I'll correct the brick and reattempt release from test instead
🤞 1
m
Yes, it is a bit counter-intuitive but it has some advantages: • you are putting credentials to your lower environment into your higher environment and not vice versa • if you had solition in multiple datacenters, you can have exactly the same setup on them and "pull" the release from the same source
p
I figured the first reason was one of the reason why it was done this way
Is solition a typo? If not what does it mean? Could you rephrase the second advantage, I did not understand 🙃
m
yes, typo. I meant "solution" :-) sorry, tiny keyboard on a phone ;-)
👍 1
p
Ah OK, now that I re-read it it makes sense
You mean that multiple domains can pull from a single domain and be consistent
m
Yes, exactly. And the setup (of the LCM bricks) in those domains can be the same - all pointing to the same DEV domain.
👍 1
p
Wonderful, that worked! Thanks Michal 🙂
🎉 1