Another question: How can I use ADDv2 naming conv...
# gooddata-platform
p
Another question: How can I use ADDv2 naming convention in cases where there are multiple references in a dataset 1 to a dataset 2? Example: dataset 1 has two fields:
r__next_appointment
r__previous_appointment
dataset 2 is named
appointment
and has a
cp__appointment
connection point
b
I see what you are trying to do, but I am afraid that we don’t support multiple referrences between two datasets. One way to do this would be to have separate datasets for next and previous appointments. Other way would be have just one referrence and another attribute in the dataset 1 that would say if it’s next or previous appointment.
p
😞 OK! I'll work around this somehow
It was an easy way to precompute some facts, but I'll figure out another way
And if I want only one ref to another dataset, but I want to give it a name that's more telling of its role, can I do that? Example:
patient.r__admission_appointment
->
appointment.cp__appointment
?
I just realized something. If I can't have two refs from a dataset1 to a dataset2, that means I cannot have a complex calendar table that any datasetX refers to more than once, and instead I have to recreate all of the calendar logic I have as metrics?
Examples of complex calendar logic: 1. Fiscal Year calculations (FY to date, FY of a date) 2. Week-of-month calculation (W1, W2, W3...) based on a most-weekday-in-month logic to determine if week is in month
b
Hi Philippe, I am not sure how that works but anyway, in GoodData the date dimensions are predefined, you only refer to them, but it’s possible to load even custom fiscal calendars to the date dimensions - explained here: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/growth/en/dashboards-and-insights/manage-custom-date-dimensions
p
Great, thanks for that.
Wrt the above question:
And if I want only one ref to another dataset, but I want to give it a name that's more telling of its role, can I do that?
Example:
patient.r__admission_appointment
 -> 
appointment.cp__appointment
 ?
Can I have such a nomenclature?
b
it’s possible to define a custom mapping in the LDM modeller, so there doesn’t have to be any relation between the name of the column in your DB and in GD, but if you want to load data based on the output stage naming convention it has to refer to the dataset name
p
OK, understood. Feature is not supported in LCM ADDv2, but is supported if we decide to go deeper in the integration with custom REST API calls.
b
Well technically it’s supported in LCM, the custom mapping can be done only in the dev master and distributed to client projects (via release and rollout), provided it’s the same for all clients in the segment
p
Oh interesting. So if we configure the dev master manually, we can rollout the changes
I think I'll still stick with an output-stage driven deployment and deal with the limitations this incurs
👍 1
j
btw. if you need to deal with role playing dimensions you probably need to duplicate dataset appointment with its attributes for LDM. You can perhaps use DB views for that if you do not want to duplicate data physically. You can use views also as mapping between your naming convention of columns and ADD v2 naming convention if you do not want to do the mapping in LDM. You can refer each date to different date dataset in LDM, if you have a fact record with multiple dates. When you use a fact in Analytical Designer, the most frequently used date with the fact should be pre-selected whenever you add Date into your insight (e.g. date of next appointment). You can select the other date (e.g. previous appointment) if needed in “Date as” setting of the Date object in your insight.