Hey guys! I have a question! I'm trying to do a su...
# gooddata-platform
m
Hey guys! I have a question! I'm trying to do a sum of a data type Float in GoodData. But the amount is not matching what I have in my bank. GoodData recognizes this type of data, how does its behavior with this information work? Should I set it in the model data to decimal?
b
Hello Mariana, Yes, decimal is the datatype you should use in GoodData for numbers original stored as float. Could you please elaborate how exactly is it not matching?
m
Yes! My float field, in the database, represents hours. The first image would be the quantity represented in GoodData. I use a sum(hours) metric and I use a filter. I made the same sum in my bank, and the result is totally different. I don't know if it can be the field definition in goodData
b
Hi @Mariana Lassala, I see what you mean, the gooddata expression should represent the query from your database, therefore the result should be indeed the same. If the results are not the same it most likely mean that part of your data didn’t load to your GoodData workspace. Most probable reason for that is that you have incorrectly set Primary key - each row needs to have unique primary key otherwise the rows are considered duplicate and won’t get loaded. Slightly more detailed explanation here: https://community.gooddata.com/data-models-58/csv-missing-values-387
m
Thank's Boris !!!!