Hello all, I still meet issue with NULL attributes...
# gooddata-platform
k
Hello all, I still meet issue with NULL attributes when creating a report. So I would like to know whether we have any way to filter
NOT NULL attributes
in a report? Thanks for your help so much.
j
Hi @Khoa Nguyen, have you tried to uncheck (empty value) in attribute filter?
k
Hi Jakub, there is not any place for me to filter out this in list value 🙂
j
Could you share more details? E.g. a screenshot which demonstrates the problem and some details about the data model? Is the NULL value present in the data (loaded into dataset as either primary key or attribute)? Or is it possible that logical data model has broken referential integrity and NULL value is present in a field with foreign key which points to dimension dataset? I think that attribute filter will not show (empty value) if the NULL exists only in a field which is a foreign key but I do not know enough about your exact problem to confirm that this is the root cause of it.
k
Thanks @Jakub Sterba, yes, it's a NULL value for foreign key.
j
I suggest to avoid broken referential integrity in the data model. You can use for example some special value like N/A instead of NULL value. Let me point you to an article about workspace validation which you may find handy https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/workspace-and-user-administration/administrating-workspaces-and-workspace-objects/validate-a-workspace.
👍 2