<@U01PBHBUN4F> maybe you have a quick answer for t...
# gooddata-ui
l
@Michael Ullock maybe you have a quick answer for this one as well. In my table component, each row is made from two models (related through primary key). I have a drillable custom URL. I would have expected the dynamic attributes available for the custom URL to be the same for all the attributes. However, it seems like the attributes available to the dynamic URL are not the same. Have you seen this before?
m
I have been running some tests on my side - but just to make sure we are on the same page, would you please be so kind as to provide more details and perhaps screenshots which highlight the issue you’re running into? Is it the case where you go to setup the custom URL and some attributes are not available in the Parameters > Insight box?
l
So here we have a drill down interaction for the Name attribute. In the custom URL it shows I can use the
Name
insight.
However, if I use the second column, it allows me to use both the first column insight of
Name
and the second column insight of
Id
. That feels silly to me. The same behavior happens if I have a third column
m
Thanks for this clarification - this is the behaviour I also noticed actually. But I am not sure right now as to why/how this is working in this way 🤔
l
@Radek Novacek what do you think? I ping Radek because he has helped me in the past and it felt more appropriate than the
here
👀 1
It sure seems weird considering both Name and Id are part of the same PDM and LDM
m
From my testing it seems which ever attribute is the first in the report (left-hand column), it will only display that single interaction option. But if you move the same attribute, so it’s not the first on the left (then save), the other options then become available for the same attribute. Then the new attribute on left-hand column / first column in the report again only has 1 interaction option. We will continue looking into this and get this clarified. Thanks for bearing with us in the meantime
👍 1
m
Hi @Levi Liester this behavior is there by design, rows are aggregated left to right into groups -> let's assume columns are year, month and date. If you click on date (3rd column) you know which month and year this belongs to. If you click on month (2nd column) you know which year it is, but it can be 1-31 different dates, so it is not possible to know which date to use. And last if you click on a year (3rd column) you cannot know which month or date that is, as it can be any of them. I hope this helps.
l
That makes a bit of sense given the aggregation functionality you've mentioned. It doesn't help me in my goal to make a clickable value. What I really want is a row click where all the row data is passed to the click handler like you'd see in UI table functionality.