Hello! :man-raising-hand: I have an issue with my ...
# gooddata-ui
j
Hello! 🙋‍♂️ I have an issue with my dashboard plugin that shows fine in a browser, but does not export into PDF 🤔 In the
MyCustomWidget.jsx
I included:
Copy code
useEffect(() => {
    onRequestAsyncRender();

const timer = setTimeout(() => {
        console.log('This will run after 10 seconds!');
        onResolveAsyncRender();
    }, 10000);
    return () => clearTimeout(timer);
}, []);
My widget (DeckGL + React Map GL) only renders hardcoded data and it displays sooner than most other widgets so 10 seconds should more than be plenty. Any advice? 🙏 Is there a way to debug exports? To simulate how the dashboard would load to be exported?
b
Cau Jirko, Based on the screenshot I will assume it's GD cloud. You can check what will be exported by simply adding ?displayMode=export URL parameter to the dashboard URL (both GD platform and GD cloud). Also, if you wait longer than 10 seconds, does it eventually render?
j
Díky Boris! When I append
?displayMode=export
the map is visible 🤔 And no, waiting longer (e.g., 30 seconds) does not help. Any other ideas?
b
That's strange... are you using some third party map token? Is there some authorization needed? The exporting tool might not be able to access, but that's just a wild guess. First could you try other browsers/private mode/etc ?
j
3rd party map token — yes, a mapbox token, but without valid token I would at least expect to see the rendering without the basemap. No authorization, a custom widget with hardcoded data. Let me try other browsers…
Nope, Safari has the same result 😞 I invited you to the workspace, feel free to take a look yourself: https://previous-ladybug.trial.cloud.gooddata.com/dashboards/#/workspace/gdc_demo_d4db3ff4-d316-4407-84[…]board/092929af-375a-4e9c-964f-2add8cdbd259.
I also increased the wait time to 60 seconds. The PDF arrives after ~80 seconds after clicking on "Export to PDF" so the timeout is clearly respected.
b
I suspect it would be some configuration of mapbox... because it's just the canvas that is empty, other elements are there. I've found some mentions that `
Copy code
preserveDrawingBuffer: true
needs to be added in order it's properly exported to pdf, but not sure how much it applies when it's "embedded" to gooddata
m
Hello @Jiri Zajic
preserveDrawingBuffer: true
should do the trick, we are doing the same in the MapBox configuration for the export mode, see https://github.com/gooddata/gooddata-ui-sdk/blob/master/libs/sdk-ui-geo/src/core/geoChart/GeoChartRenderer.tsx#L182 I remember we were facing some similar issue (map was not rendered), when this was not set.
👍 1
j
You guys ROCK! 🚀 Thank you @Boris and @Matyáš Kandl.
🙌 1
I may you with one more thing later (
process.env.GDC_USERNAME
etc. are crashing my production build while working fine during development), but I'm already discussing with support. I'm preparing a reproducible scenario to share later today…