Question on AD - Can the date type attributes be d...
# gooddata-ui
s
Question on AD - Can the date type attributes be displayed as part of an LDM object instead of being grouped together under a common date dataset bucket?
f
Hi Sheldon, All the Dates on the workspace can only be represented by the Date option on the Analytical Designer. At this time, this cannot be changed. You can Organize your Data Catalog to display the objects by Folders or Tags, but the Date dimensions will continue to be displayed by itself.
s
Okay. This can be very un-intuitive at times. Would be super helpful if the date attributes could be displayed with the LDM object
f
We appreciate the feedback, I will make sure to pass it on so that it is discussed internally. Thank you!
t
Hello @Sheldon Nathan, thank you for the feedback. Could you describe some of the situations where this feels unintuitive? Understanding what are you trying to achieve would help us to improve the experience in the future.
🙌 1
s
@Tomáš Čech Happy to provide useful information. I have multiple LDM objects with date attributes specific to each. When building an insight, the user sees all of the LDM attributes alongside the LDM object in AD; but the date type attributes do not show there and creates quite a bit of confusion. The other problem with bundling the attributes in the Date bucket is that the attribute names now need to be qualified with the LDM object name e.g. Order_item_creation_date, Inventory_item_creation_date etc; if we only name it creation_date it shows twice. Is there something I'm doing incorrectly?
The other thing to note is we have a multi-tenant deployment of GD CN so the LDM objects are created specific to our customer's data at runtime
If date attributes would show alongwith the other LDM attributes - it would be a lot simpler to create insights and the name disambiguation would be addressed too
@Tomáš Čech did that explanation help?
t
Hello @Sheldon Nathan, thank you for the examples. I will push it to product ideas. Although I cannot promise anything, frequently requested features have higher chance to get prioritised.