Our designer has asked why GoodData does weird thi...
# gd-beginners
j
Our designer has asked why GoodData does weird things with colour on the heat map visual - see thread
image.png
The visual only allows us to drop in a single HEX value but it produces these out of place purple/violet hues for the top value and sometimes the bottom value that don’t look right. It provides unnecessary distraction in the image. Can you explain why GoodData decides to do this and if there is anything we can do to stop it?
j
Hi Jamie, I would need to check this internally with our developers, but are you able to change the configuration in the visualization to achieve your desired results?
j
no, we have tried different HEX values and it always seems to do this weird highlight that is outside of the expected colour range - e.g. it should be generating a darker blue not switching hue altogether
j
Hi Jamie. I just wanted to let you know that we are looking at fixing the color schemes and will update you on the progress asap.
Could you please confirm if there are empty values available when filtering the table?
j
great good to know. I’m not sure I understand your second comment though. Can you explain further?
m
Hi, I’m not sure if this threat is still relevant, but if so please note we have released a fix this morning that should address this issue. It was a little hard to reproduce, so please let us know if the problems prevails.
j
thanks - I will let you know if I see any reoccurence