I am working on Setting up <GoodData.CN> Container...
# gd-beginners
p
I am working on Setting up GoodData.CN Container Edition in Docker For Windows for internal evaluation. I've addresses the memory limits but seem to have something wrong with my disk setup. Command I used to run the container:
Copy code
docker run -e GDCN_LICENSE_KEY -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 -v gd-volume:/data gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest
results in the following:
Copy code
2024-03-21 19:47:42 Stage2 hook starts
2024-03-21 19:47:42 Missing or invalid GDCN_LICENSE_KEY variable
2024-03-21 19:47:42 Stage2 hook ends
2024-03-21 19:47:42 s6-rc: fatal: unable to take locks: No such file or directory
2024-03-21 19:47:42 s6-linux-init-shutdownd: warning: /run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.shutdown exited 111
2024-03-21 19:48:08 s6-linux-init-shutdown: fatal: unable to talk to shutdownd: Operation not permitted
What am I missing here?
I'm assuming the license key issue will be resolved once I get it running and can go through the key process.
but the "unable to take locks: No such file or directory" i'm not clear on what I am missing.
j
Hi Paul, First thing to mention here regarding GoddData CN.CE is that from version 3.0.0, it requires a valid license key to run. Without a license key it is not possible to start CE image. Have you already reached out to your account owner in order to receive it?
p
That would certainly be part of it. I am the lead on this evaluation and do not believe we have an account currently. I signed up on the website. how do I go about requesting an evaluation license?
should I just message support?
I signed up for a trial via the Website, which gave me a GoodData Cloud instance...however, I need to evaluate CN and planned on using CN.CE to get started quickly in our environment where the data for my eval needs to stay.
j
Thank you for the additional details. This is definitely something which you need to consult with your account owner. @Oldriska Zikova Could you please contact Paul regarding this matter?
p
I have sent an email to Oldriska, as i found some old communication from a previous eval about 2 years ago.
@Julius Kos thanks for the quick repsonses...this Slack community and your responsiveness is a huge plus in our consideration.
🙌🏼 1
I now have a license key, and I am attempting to run the docker container using:
Copy code
docker run -e GDCN_LICENSE_KEY='key/eyJ...' -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 -v gd-volume:/data gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:latest
However, I still get the same messages and the container does not start:
Copy code
Stage2 hook starts
Missing or invalid GDCN_LICENSE_KEY variable
Stage2 hook ends
s6-rc: fatal: unable to take locks: No such file or directory
s6-linux-init-shutdownd: warning: /run/s6/basedir/scripts/rc.shutdown exited 111
The for the key is cut/pasted directly from the email and I have verified it is complete.
@Julius Kos Any recommendation?
i
Hey Paul, We are really sorry for your ongoing troubles here. Does the issue persist also with the version 3.6.0. run as shown below, please?
Copy code
docker run -e GDCN_LICENSE_KEY="key/xxxxx" -i -t -p 3000:3000 -p 5432:5432 -v gd-volume:/data \
gooddata/gooddata-cn-ce:3.6.0
In the meanwhile, I will check if there’s an option for a reprovision of your license key.
p
This seemed to have resolved the issue and the container started correctly for version 3.6.0
🙌 1