Hey guys, using goodData for a product, I need to...
# gd-beginners
w
Hey guys, using goodData for a product, I need to know how can I use metrics of a workplace in a new workplace. Actually in my previous workspace, there are metrics defined, I want the same in my new workspace. How Can I do that?
j
Hi Waseem, For the start, could you please confirm which GoodData product are you using? Is it GoodData Cloud? Thanks
w
yes.
We have a product and we are using gooddata platform and cloud for this. For the time, i just need immediate help to get to know how can i move metrics form one workplace to another.
j
From the other thread you have opened in GoodData Platform channel, I understood you are using Platform product. If that is the case, please see our documentation which describes in detail how to migrate various objects between Workspaces: https://help.gooddata.com/doc/growth/en/workspace-and-user-administration/administrat[…]rkspace-objects/migrate-selected-objects-between-workspaces/
w
🥲 @Julius Kos Still not be able to load data
j
Hi Waseem! Could you elaborate on what you mean exactly by not being able to load data? Is there a specific metric/report/insight not computing? Or, is there some issue with uploading data to the workspace? Is there any error you could provide from your end which could help us search on our end?
i
Hi @Waseem Javed, When you are migrating metrics between two workspaces, you need be sure that models are matching or at least that objects(Attributes, Facts, Dates, …) used by these metrics are presented in target workspaces as well. Could you check this, please?
w
@Ivana Gasparekova thank you for your support, currently I’m facing issues in understanding the flow of data between our workspaces and segments and I’m unable to understand how can I find my current master production workspace. Actually this is my first time on gooddata and our previous developers messed up the workspaces and now we are unable to understand the flow data pipeline flow as we are not getting the figures on our dashboard. I have read the documentation but honestly documentation is cloudy and have a lot of stuff and I missed the flow from where to start. I would really appreciate if I can get help in identifying how can I find my production master workspace and how actually gooddata bricks works as in my case everything is messed up and my company is facing huge loss. This is my ticket number #119773 but I’m not getting the response from the last Friday on my email.
i
I believe that my colleague Michael is already in touch with you regarding the ticket #119773. This looks like a completely different issue, not tied to the basic object migration but rather to understanding of your whole complex multi-tenant solution, correct? Our team of Professional Service can help you to customize your current implementation, if needed. You can reach out to your Account Owner @Pablo Castro directly, in case you’d be interested in such solution. I would suggest to install our GoodData Extension Tool for Chrome tool. With extension, it is pretty easy to navigate between the endpoints tied to LCM - you’d be able to see all the Master projects and related Clients, for e.g. Are you familiar with this option, please?
👀 1
w
@Ivana Gasparekova Yeah , trying to understand the complex solution implemented by previous developers , but the thing is if we didn’t make it, we will get a huge loss and probably set back from using GoodData because of the complex solution which is difficult for us to understand. I don’t know what to do.
i
Pity that your developers didn’t share some internal guidelines with you. Usually, the whole LCM process is implemented just once and then, everything is automated. Surely, you can change the parameter anytime you need, though. May I know what is the current issue here, please? Or should we rather continue in this discussion under the mentioned ticket?
w
@Ivana Gasparekova the problem is right now I’m unable to understand how multi-tenancy implemented and working right now on GoodData, although i have read the documentation but still I’m blank. Can we get on a quick call so that I will share my screen and we cam make some way out. Our company is facing huge set back.
i
Please check the last comment of my manager in a ticket #119773. Your Account owner Pablo is also aware of the situation. I am afraid that a quick call wouldn’t help in this situation, as per we are not familiar with your implementation either. Please understand that we mostly focus on functionality questions and break-fix issues. We are more than happy to answer your questions here or help to debug possible errors/issues. I am really sorry that you have troubles to follow our documentation. May I know what particular article or instruction is unclear, please? You can find some details about the way how LCM and ADD works together also here.