Hey, is it possible to see somewhere statistics on...
# gd-beginners
m
Hey, is it possible to see somewhere statistics on metric usage? I would like to see in how many report is metric used, so I can identify unused metrics.
m
Hi Matej, please see the screenshot below which I hope will help here:
m
That is what i was expecting, but do not see it in our UI - is the possible I need some extra permissions for it?
m
With Editor or Admin permissions you should be able to see the metric and the stats - Perhaps the report where the metric is being used is “Hidden”? https://help.gooddata.com/classic/en/workspace-and-user-administration/managing-works[…]data-access/manage-object-visibility-hide-and-share-objects/
m
I am getting a bit lost - what is the difference between reports and insights? Is it the same thing? Because I would need to see the usage on insights - those are not hidden
i
Hi Matej, “Reports” are part of our legacy solution, tied to Pixel-perfect UI. More info can be found here, but I wouldn’t focus on it in your case. I believe that you are working with Insights in Responsive UI. (Please correct me, if I am wrong here.) You can retrieve a list of objects “used by” other objects as described here. It works for metrics as well. You can do it via gray pages or directly via API. Please let me know how does it work for you.
m
thx @Ivana Gasparekova, that works for me! Definitely would enjoy better ui/ux, tbh 🙂