Hey all, Whenever I try to edit Insights that are ...
# gd-beginners
b
Hey all, Whenever I try to edit Insights that are not filtered I get this error message, do you have a solution for this other than adding filters? Doesn’t it have a default limit or some sort of pagination?
j
Hello Brunno, This error is really a generic one and it’s hard to say without seeing how is your insight built and without knowing your LDM. It might be about breaching some platform limits (see Insight Limits section) or there is some aggregation which can’t be displayed without further slicing given the relations between datasets in your LDM. Probably the best course of action would be if you simulate the issue again and obtain the errorID from browser DevTools so we can check our logs.
b
Hi Julius, Thank you for your quick response! That is the error:
Copy code
Tiger backend threw an error: {status: 400, detail: 'A result cache error has occurred during the calculation of the result', resultId: 'e44d60a5eeb7aa54202c3a4ab444c793efe00608', reason: 'Reached the limit of max dimension size. Limit=100000, Size=113981', traceId: '37fe2cc337ddebd1'}
j
Hi Brunno, Sorry for my later response. This error suggest that you might be indeed breaching the platform limits and the insight is too big. Could you please confirm if that’s possible or if the insight shouldn’t be that huge? I am asking this because there might an issue on our end which is currently being investigated. Is this happening to all of your insights or only particular ones? Can you please try to refresh the page once the error appears and let us know if that helps?
b
Hey @Julius Kos 😄, Thanks for your response! • Yes, it is huge. I’m not filtering at this point. • Same thing after refreshing the page; • I can edit some and not others; We want to let the user define their filters on the dashboards, the dashboard has a default date filter and the insight loads. When creating a filter in the insight, will this limit the filters in the dashboard? Would the user still be able to change it on the dashboard? Do you have any suggestions for this issue?
j
Thanks for the confirmation. In that case, we are indeed speaking about breaching the platform limits here. When it comes to interaction between Dashboard and Insight date filter - we were thinking about similar scenarios and we have it nicely documented. Feel free to check more information: https://www.gooddata.com/developers/cloud-native/doc/cloud/create-dashboards/date-filters-on-dashboards/#UseDateFiltersonDash[…]wDateFiltersInteract
b
I couldn’t find this in the documentation. My question is, if I apply a filter on the insight and save, the user who only has access to the dashboard, will he be able to go beyond the filter on the insight?
j
If we are speaking about Date filters only, then yes. As you can see in the docs, in case that the same date dimension is used, the dashboard date filter is superior to the one in the insight on the Dashboard. However, this is not possible with attribute filters.
b
Thank you, Julius!
🙌🏼 1