Hi All :wave: I wanted to check if there is a way ...
# gd-beginners
s
Hi All šŸ‘‹ I wanted to check if there is a way to implement conditional "text" formatting, like https://help.gooddata.com/doc/enterprise/en/dashboards-and-insights/conditional-number-formatting/ . For e.g. If a cell within the table insight contains "cat" as a value it will be formatted in "green" while others are "blue".
f
Hi Shankar, Iā€™m afraid that it is not possible to apply conditional formatting to text values directly. That said, with some creativity you might be able to pull off something similar. For example, you can create a metric that displays numerical values analogous to the text you want (for example, if the result is 4, it means Cat); Then, you can apply conditional formatting to change both the color and the actual result, like so:
Copy code
[>=4][backgroundcolor=CCCCCC][red]Cat
This is usually utilized to ascribe some sort of category or descriptor to a number (for example, instead of 1 to 5, the results would be from Awful to Great, each one equivalent to a number). See the screenshot below for how my example would look like in the Analytical Designer.
šŸ‘€ 1